Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crimini Mushroom Quiche

I opened the fridge and found...
crimini mushrooms I bought with no specific intention for them, one leek left from when Sharon made her sweet potato soup, half an onion, some eggs...
I was thinking, this could all go in a quiche! I am not brave enough to try to throw together my own recipes yet, so utilizing the power of search engines, I typed in "crimini mushroom leek quiche." Success! I found a great food blog with a recipe and a cute story about making just such a quiche:

http://www.insidethekaganoffkitchen.com/2011/03/23/leek-crimini-mushroom-quiche/

I did not have time to run to the store for cream, so I had to mod it a bit... I decided to go crust-less because I usually buy frozen (I have a fear of making crust! I should probably get over that).
I also had less mushrooms so I added 2 extra eggs and a splash of milk.
Albert Crimini by Sarah

Portrait of Mommy by Sophie

Soph stirring onions and leeks

Tasting the quiche

It turned out yummy! Successful impromptu-fridge-raid dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment